Beatty Lumber Company is one of the leading lumber and building supply dealers in their market. With a staff of loyal employees and a fleet of multi-purpose delivery trucks. Beatty provides lumber, roofing, siding, decking, windows, doors, hardware, molding, and kitchen design to contractors and homeowners within a 60-mile radius.
Click on the opportunities below to see how you can fit in the Beatty Lumber Family!
CDL Driver-Class A
BASIC FUNCTION: Transporting building materials from Beatty Lumber Company to the desired destination in a safe and efficient manner.
- Load company vehicles in accordance with delivery invoices including lifting and carrying merchandise, lumber, and building materials.
- Prepare customer orders to include retrieving merchandise and materials from storage areas in accordance with customer invoices.
- Ability to drive for extended periods of time.
- Operate forklift to load, unload, and stock merchandise as needed.
- Adhere to all approved company policies and procedures.
- Appropriately unload materials according to client’s requests.
- Plan routes and maintain a timely delivery schedule.
- Comply with truck driving rules and regulations (size, weight, route destinations, parking, break periods) as well as Beatty’s policies and procedures.
- Friendly disposition.
- Report accidents, defects, and violations to the supervisor.
- Valid Commercial Driver’s License
- 3-5 years experience as a commercial driver
- MUST be able to drive a manual transmission
- Safe driving history
- Ability to lift up to 100 pounds
- Willing to submit a drug test
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Prior lumber yard experience is helpful. Prior building materials experience is helpful.
LICENSE OR CERTIFICATION: CDL Class A
These job descriptions are intended to describe the general nature, complexity, and level of work to be performed by employees assigned to this position, and is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and/or skills required. It does not prescribe or restrict the work that may be assigned. Furthermore, this does not establish a contract for employment and is subject to change at the discretion of the company.
Apply for a career at Beatty TODAY!
Submit this form if you are interested in an open position.