Beatty Lumber Company is one of the leading lumber and building supply dealers in their market. With a staff of loyal employees and a fleet of multi-purpose delivery trucks. Beatty provides lumber, roofing, siding, decking, windows, doors, hardware, molding, and kitchen design to contractors and homeowners within a 60-mile radius.
Click on the opportunities below to see how you can fit in the Beatty Lumber Family!
Inside Sales Representative
BASIC FUNCTION: Sells building products to contractors, homeowners, and others.
- Responds to customer requests, explain products’ features, and correct usages.
- Provides price quotes.
- Once the quote is accepted, create a sales order and subsequent purchase order to vendor(s)
- Coordinates delivery of materials, if required, and collects payment from customer
- Answers incoming phone calls and emails
- Assists store walk-in customers
- Keeps customers informed on the status of their order
- Monitors product turnover and advises management of fast/slow-moving items.
- Accepts returned merchandise by verifying documents and merchandise.
- Processes refunds, credits, and exchanges.
- Coordinates with receiving/warehouse to restock returned merchandise.
- Maintains a clean store environment.
- Prepares store arid product displays for advertised events and promotions.
- Attends and participates in all company-sponsored training programs as required.
- Anticipate client needs and provide solutions.
- Proactively seeks new clients and increases sales to existing customer base
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of building products and construction techniques
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or associates of the organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to multitask during peak store traffic situations.
- Good interpersonal, communication, and listening skills.
- Ability to operate POS terminals
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite
- Sitting and standing throughout the workday
- Helping customers locate materials in the yard.
- Climbing stairs, lifting, and moving materials up to 50 pounds.
EDUCATION: High school diploma a minimum. A college degree is preferred, but not required.
EXPERIENCE: One to two years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
LICENSE OR CERTIFICATION: None required.
Job Type: Full-time
These job descriptions are intended to describe the general nature, complexity, and level of work to be performed by employees assigned to this position, and is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and/or skills required. It does not prescribe or restrict the work that may be assigned. Furthermore, this does not establish a contract for employment and is subject to change at the discretion of the company.
Apply for a career at Beatty TODAY!
Submit this form if you are interested in an open position.