Beatty Lumber Company is one of the leading lumber and building supply dealers in their market. With a staff of loyal employees and a fleet of multi-purpose delivery trucks. Beatty provides lumber, roofing, siding, decking, windows, doors, hardware, molding, and kitchen design to contractors and homeowners within a 60-mile radius.
Click on the opportunities below to see how you can fit in the Beatty Lumber Family!
Transporting building materials from Beatty Lumber Company to the desired destination in a safe and efficient manner.
- Load company vehicles in accordance with delivery invoices including lifting and carrying merchandise, lumber, and building materials.
- Prepare customer orders to include retrieving merchandise and materials from storage areas in accordance with customer invoices.Actively look for design opportunities.
- Ability to drive for extended periods of time.
- Operate forklift to load, unload and stock merchandise as needed.
- Adhere to all approved company policies and procedures.
- Appropriately unload materials according to client’s requests.
- Plan routes and maintain a timely delivery schedule.
- Comply with truck driving rules and regulations (size, weight, route destinations, parking, break periods) as well Beatty’s policies and procedures.
- Friendly disposition.
- Report accidents, defects, and violations to the supervisor.
- Valid Commercial Driver’s License
- 3-5 years experience as a commercial driver
- Safe driving history
- Ability to lift up to 100 pounds
- Willing to submit a drug test
Prior lumber yard experience is helpful. Prior building materials experience is helpful.
LICENSE OR CERTIFICATION:
Ben LaPorte, Foreman
We are looking for the best candidates to join our Yard team. These candidates will be challenged to provide excellent customer service by immediately greeting customers in the yard and filling their orders. The ideal candidates will help keep yard neat, clean and organized, and efficiently handle our inventory.
To perform all assigned duties in the yard to assist with quality customer service.
- Load company vehicles in accordance with delivery invoices to include lifting and carrying merchandise, lumber and building materials
- Greet and assist all customers
- Safely, accurately and efficiently load customer vehicles with orders
- Ensure that appropriate paperwork is completed for all orders
- Help with receiving inventory when needed
- Inventory goods and notify Yard Foreman of shortages and needed goods to be ordered
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Operate forklift to load, unload and stock merchandise as needed
- Adhere to all approved company policies and procedures
- Assist drivers with deliveries when needed
- Maintain Yard cleanliness
- Perform daily safety audits of Yard and machinery. Promptly report any issues to Foreman
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Ability to concentrate and attend to detail amidst a busy work environment
- Customer Service
- Basic Math Skills
- Basic Reading Skills
- Lifting up to 100 pounds
Prior lumber yard and building materials experience helpful, but not necessary.
LICENSE OR CERTIFICATION:
These job descriptions are intended to describe the general nature, complexity, and level of work to be performed by employees assigned to this position, and is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and/or skills required. It does not prescribe or restrict the work that may be assigned. Furthermore, this does not establish a contract for employment and is subject to change at the discretion of the company.